Saturday, May 3, 2008

Okay... Today I would like to start with HELLO to all of my future readers.! Now that that's done, I am going to get into the "meat and potatoes" of my day.! For those of you who do not know what molecular gastronomy is, it is an intense food process that is as follows, according to Wikipedia.com:

Molecular gastronomy is a scientific discipline involving the study of physical and chemical processes that occur in cooking.[3] It investigates the mechanisms behind the transformation of ingredients in cooking, attempts to explain them, and investigates the social, artistic and technical components of culinary and gastronomic phenomena in general (from a scientific point of view). The term was coined in 1988 by Hungarian physicist Nicholas Kurti and French chemist Hervé This,[4][5] although atomic physicist Nicholas Kurti debuted the principle in London in 1969.[6]

So I tried to make fruit caviar, and they came out perfectly. Pictures will be up soon.! Nevertheless, this is only the beginning of my food tests and excursions.! Look forward to many more experiments and recipes for you to try as well.! Until later......

2 comments: