Tuesday, May 27, 2008

"An Instant Chemical Emulsion."

Welcome back to me. Welcome back to you as well.! I hope as you are reading, you are thinking about the good food that you had over the Memorial Day weekend. I would like to first thank all of the Veterans and Servicemen and women for the work that they do for our country. If it was not for them, we would not have such diverse food (story why would be explained at a later date).!
As all of my readers know, I am a big fan of the theories and principals of molecular gastronomy. As we were finished in my cake decorating class, another training Pastry Chef asked me about the process of "Pop Rocks." If you are unaware of what it is, basically it is two acids (in powder form) that you would find in the average bake shop, in equal parts. When you put it in your mouth, you get this unbelievable popping and foaming.
After playing around with it some, we developed a formula for chocolate "pop rocks", and strawberry "pop rocks." Both were equally good and felt amazing in your mouth, but the strawberry with strawberry powder was my favorite.! We are going to try a round two tomorrow, so return for pictures for they are well worth it.! I may even bless the blog with a video of the reaction process.! Until later.... In the great words of Alka Seltzer "Pop, pop, fizz, fizz, oh what a relief.!!!!"

No comments: