Saturday, May 10, 2008

As easy as a piece of cake... NOT

Well this past week in my cake decorating and candy making class opened my eyes to show me that I actually enjoy decorating cakes. Not only does it use my passion for food, but also uses my love for the arts.! As one of my gifts to my mother, I made her a cake.! Not only did I make an Italian buttercream icing to go on the cake, but it is also covered in homemade rolled fondant. For those of you who have made fondant before know that this is a task that is both tedious and delicious.!!! To finally decorate the cake, and to make it look like more than a couple of blocks of cake, I decorated this exquisite cake with royal icing.!!! Let me know what you think of the cake. Until later, it's not about how the cookie crumbles, it's about how the cake is covered.!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is nice bro

yoonna said...

Wow~ Coooooooool