Tuesday, May 13, 2008

"As fine as wine, but as cheap as caviar."


What am I referring to, might you ask.? The appraised Lapsang Souchong tea leaf.! Today I set out to find this really smokey tea that comes from the Wuyi region of the Chinese province of Fujian. Unlike other tea leaves, these are smoke-dried over Pinewood fires, which offers its distinct flavor. Not only could this tea be used to drink, but it also used in the culinary world, and pairs well with roasted ribs. For more information about this tea and its uses, leave a comment, and I would be sure to reply to you.!
The reason for me searching for this praised tea, is because as stated in previous posts, I am experimenting with the science of Molecular Gastronomy.! I came across this pretty cool recipe for a Tea Air/Foam.! This weekend, I am going to try it, so check back this weekend for cool pics and possibly recipes.! Until later.... To brew the perfect cup of Black Tea, pour water at 195ยบ over one teaspoon of tea leaves, for three minutes.

No comments: