Sunday, July 13, 2008

"What glitters isn't always gold, but it could be luster dust.!"

As one of my projects in my Classical Pastries class, my group had to make truffles. Sounds like fun, right.! I know. Since I took Cake Decorating and Candy Making before this class, we already made 2000 truffles, literally for our schools Open House, so making more rolled truffles was out of the question. So instead, I insisted that my group makes molded chocolate candies. Not only because I enjoy making ganache fillings for the inside, which this one was my (soon to be famous) "almond family" ganache* with luster dust.!
What is luster dust might you ask.? Well luster dust is pretty much a metallic-like powder that is food safe, which means it could be eaten. I enjoy using this product because it gives your dessert or candy that extra WOW factor. In my opinion, it is more appealing to the eye. So I present to you my molded chocolates:


Until later..... ENJOY.!

*"almond family" ganache is a special recipe/formula created by myself. It has a flavor that is like no other, but has the flavor of a sweet Mediterranean candy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice